Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escalate to provider

Julian Castello October 1, 2019

Hello,

we wouls to configure an escalation to external provider of Jira, for that the idea is to be able to send the ticket description, name and email address of the customer for the provider. 

I create a transition button and custom field for that and create an automation but it seems we cannot send an email to a specific email address. We can only choice Reporter or Customers Involved. 

Is there another way? 

Thank you !

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2019

Hi Julian,

If I understand your request here, you are looking for a means to send this customer request to a 3rd party for additional help.

I believe that Jira and Service Desk have some built in notification limitations.  Namely Jira has a tendency to prevent sending of emails to users that do not currently have an account on Jira.  I think this has been a feature to prevent Jira being used as a means to spam unsuspecting users.

Have you considered adding this 3rd party email address to the request participants field?  Doing so would allow that user to see the request in the customer portal, and would send that user an email a notification that they have been added to the request.   This has an added benefit Service Desk being able to track the interactions to a better degree than an external escalation service. 

If that solution is not appealing to you, then perhaps a 3rd party plugin to Jira can help here.  There are plugins in Marketplace such as Notification Assistant for Jira or Raley Email Notifications for Jira / SD.  My understanding is that both of the plugins provide you the ability to send external notifications outside of Jira's own notifications.  There very well might be other solutions in Marketplace as well.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Julian Castello October 16, 2019

Hello Andy,

thanks for your reply ! I created new workflow to do that and helped with Jira Automation, i create a new button "Send to Provider",  it send the content of the ticket to a specific address with participant information and when it reply, i created a new button on the workflow "send an email to provider", in this case, the comment is sent by email to the assigned provider. I working on it, it's not on production right now but after some tricks, i think it's could be used!

Like Andy Heinzer likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events