Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with automation rule - An issue was not available in the context

Hubert Wlazły April 16, 2018

Hello,

I have trouble with execute automatic rule - changing Customer Request Type when Issue is created.

I prepare automatic rule in ProjectA:
WHEN Issue Created
IF Issue matches issuetype = XXX
THEN Edit Customer request type YYY

New issue is created by transition in another Service Desk project - ProjectB. 
For creating issues I use Jira Work Toolbox add-on and do not set anything in Customer Request Type field. Just inherit comments, attachments and setting Summary and Description - the same as source issue, and set current assigne as reporter for new issue. Adding to the Automation Rule extra Customer Request Type is Empty in IF condition nothing change.

When rule is triggered, nothing happen on new issue, no updates.

Only what I get are ERROR in log view in Automation with '!' sign in IF condition, and entry in logs (atlassian-jira.log)
[c.a.s.p.n.i.automation.then.SendAction] An issue was not available in the context

Rule,
and Transition are run by the same user with project admin privileges (every permission) - the same in both projects.

Someone's help?

1 answer

0 votes
Becc
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2018

Hi Hubert,

Thanks so much for your question. We're sorry to hear you've been having problems.

It sounds like this might be a bug. Please raise a ticket with Support https://getsupport.atlassian.com and we’ll take a look at it.

Thank you, Jira Service Desk

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events