Error while creating the isue: null

sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

I have this error then I try to create new issue (task). Where is the problem?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2014

The solution was to delete one of a post function in "Create issue". Probably it was added by the plugin which now doesn't exist.

0 votes
sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2014

I've checked the integrity in http://IP_adress:8080/secure/admin/IntegrityChecker.jspaand there is a problem with:
Check workflow integrity <input type="checkbox" name="integrity_check_4_6" value="6" checked="checked"/> Check you have entered are correct workflow statuses

ERROR: XX-84 - workflow entry with id 10229 has an incorrect status. (JRA-4241)

0 votes
sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

Now I have a new problem :( In URL http://IP_Adress:8080/servicedesk/agent/klient_ID/customer/sd-servicedesk-request-types-listI have a blank page with no oportunity to view or edit anything

sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

I've made backup (XML) and hosting company create a new installation of JIRA. Then I use setup wizard and set MySQL database and then I import backup (XML). That's all.

sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2014

Any ideas?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2014

You'll need to explain your setup, and I'd strongly suggest reading your log file, as that will tell you where the "null" is coming from. Even if it's a techy thing and you can't read it, we can't help you with just "Error" or "null" - we need to know what it's reporting in the background

sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

I've look through logs file and... a don't know what am I looking for?

sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

I don't change anything in my setup. That error comes from nowhere...

sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

The problem is only in Service Desk...

sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

OK, which logs I have to search?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2014

Your log files will contain errors telling us what is happening when you get this error on-screen. The logs will be a lot more detailed and technical. I'm afraid just saying "error" without explaining what you are doing, what you have set up or anything else you are seeing is not going to get you far, you need to look at the resources you have to help you - logs, repeating the problem, examining the configuration and seeing what it *might* be

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2014

The application log. Easiest way to find it is look in Admin -> System information, which will tell you the full path to the file

sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

2014-05-11 20:40:38,779 FelixDispatchQueue ERROR [osgi.container.felix.FelixOsgiContainerManager] Framework error in bundle com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-whitelist-api-plugin
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-whitelist-api-plugin [111]: Unable to resolve 111.0: missing requirement [111.0] package; (package=com.atlassian.activeobjects.external) [caused by: Unable to resolve 26.0: missing requirement [26.0] package; (&(package=com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.bridge.external)(version>=2.6.5)) [caused by: Unable to resolve 5.0: missing requirement [5.0] package; (package=org.springframework.beans) [caused by: Unable to resolve 2.0: missing requirement [2.0] package; (&(package=org.apache.commons.logging)(version>=1.0.4)(!(version>=2.0.0))) [caused by: Unable to resolve 9.0: missing requirement [9.0] package; (&(package=org.slf4j)(version>=1.6.4))]]]]
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundle(Felix.java:3409)
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.loadBundleClass(Felix.java:1584)
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.loadClass(BundleImpl.java:887)
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.util.BundleClassLoaderAccessor$BundleClassLoader.findClass(BundleClassLoaderAccessor.java:69)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.DefaultComponentClassManager.constructEvenIfNotEnabled(DefaultComponentClassManager.java:133)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.DefaultComponentClassManager.newInstance(DefaultComponentClassManager.java:70)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.OfBizServiceConfigStore.loadServiceClass(OfBizServiceConfigStore.java:346)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.OfBizServiceConfigStore.instantiateServiceContainer(OfBizServiceConfigStore.java:207)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.OfBizServiceConfigStore.getServiceContainer(OfBizServiceConfigStore.java:174)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.OfBizServiceConfigStore.getAllServiceConfigs(OfBizServiceConfigStore.java:159)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.DefaultServiceManager.loadServices(DefaultServiceManager.java:320)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.DefaultServiceManager.ensureServicesLoaded(DefaultServiceManager.java:304)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.DefaultServiceManager.getServices(DefaultServiceManager.java:79)
at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.ConsistencyCheckImpl.getServices(ConsistencyCheckImpl.java:169)
at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.ConsistencyCheckImpl.ensureSingleService(ConsistencyCheckImpl.java:523)
at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.ConsistencyCheckImpl.checkMailListenerAndService(ConsistencyCheckImpl.java:384)
at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.ConsistencyCheckImpl.checkDataConsistency(ConsistencyCheckImpl.java:223)
at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.ConsistencyCheckImpl.checkConsistency(ConsistencyCheckImpl.java:212)
at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.ConsistencyCheckImpl.initialise(ConsistencyCheckImpl.java:176)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$3.run(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:131)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrEnqueue(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:317)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrWhenDatabaseActivated(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:211)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.postDbLaunch(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:118)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.access$100(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:32)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$1.run(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:81)
at com.atlassian.jira.util.devspeed.JiraDevSpeedTimer.run(JiraDevSpeedTimer.java:34)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.start(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:76)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener.contextInitialized(LauncherContextListener.java:54) <+5> (StandardContext.java:4939) (StandardContext.java:5434) (LifecycleBase.java:150) (ContainerBase.java:1559) (ContainerBase.java:1549)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

You have an idea where is the problem?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2014

You've probably got a broken plugin (what plugins have you installed? Are you 100% sure the versions you've installed are compatible with your version of Jira?).

Or you've amended something in the installation that has broken it - have you made any tweaks? How did you install it? Have a look at the system information page and check the classpath, version of Java, and that the "modified files" list is nice and short.

But, first, try clearing the plugin cache - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Clear+Confluence+Plugins+Cache

sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

I don't use confluence (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Clear+Confluence+Plugins+Cache) I only use JIRA and JIRA Service Desk. How to clear cache in these two?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2014

Oh heck, I'm really sorry, I'm working with a broken confluence at the moment and have that on my mind.

Clearing the cache in Jira won't help, you'll need to look at the other two points.

sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

I have these add-ons:
Gantt-Chart Project for JIRA - Free
Analytics Client Plugin
Atlassian Chaperone
Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Plugin
HipChat Core Plugin
HipChat for JIRA
InProduct translation for JIRA
JIRA GitHub Issue Importer
JIRA iCalendar Plugin
JIRA Importers Plugin (JIM)
JIRA Polish (Poland) Language Pack
JIRA Service Desk
JIRA Service Desk Polish (Poland) Language Pack
JIRA Toolkit Plugin
JIRA Working Hours Plugin
Redmine Importers Plugin for JIM
Support Tools Plugin

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2014

Ok. Try turning them all off, except Service Desk, Atlassian Chaperone, the Universal Plugin Manager and the Support Tools Plugin (not uninstall, just disable them)

sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

I did it and nothing has changed: Not able to create issue via this Service Desk.

sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

Now have this message when I try to create new issue as administrator or as a Service Desk Customer: Not able to create issue via this Service Desk.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2014

Has the error message in the log changed though?

I think we need to look at your overall installation though. How was this instance created? What have you changed? What does the system information page say about "modified files", your version of Java, your version of Jira and the versions of the plugins you have?

sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

Instance was created by my host company on my server.

Everything is working properly and than problems come from nowhere. I have a information to chance HSL DB for MySQL and we did it yesterday. Everything is working but without Service Desk.

System information:

- modified files: [Instalation type: Standalone] jira-application.properties

Wersja Java 1.7.0_25
Dostawca Java Oracle Corporation
Wersja JVM 1.7
Dostawca JVM Oracle Corporation
Wersja implementacji JVM 23.25-b01
Java Runtime Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
Java VM Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM

Sterownik bazy danych MySQL Connector Java mysql-connector-java-5.1.30 ( Revision: alexander.soklakov@oracle.com-20140310090514-8xt1yoht5ksg2e7c)

JIRA version:

Wersja 6.2.3
Numer wersji 6260

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2014

So "I don't change anything in my setup. That error comes from nowhere..." is wildly inaccruate and we could have been chasing completely the wrong thing. You've made an infrastructural change and not considered that could be part of the problem?

It's the right thing to do - HSQL is not suitable for production, but the migration is the FIRST thing you should have said, not said you haven't change anything.

So. How did you do the migration? What did you change as part of the migration?

0 votes
sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2014

In Customer Portal I have this error: Error!

Not able to create issue via this Service Desk.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events