Error when creating a new/first ServiceDesk project

Sven Listing August 25, 2017

Hi,

When trying to create a new ServiceDesk project (type: Customer Service) I get an error message reading "Hmm... we couldn't create your project due to an unknown error. Try refreshing the page to start again.".

It tried it multiple times - always with the same result.

When looking into the catalina.out file, I find this exception:

2017-08-25 09:22:25,193 http-nio-8080-exec-1 ERROR s.listing 562x3247x1 pm89rv 92.50.82.58,127.0.0.1 /rest/project-templates/1.0/templates [c.a.jira.project.ProjectCreateRegistrarImpl] The handler with id com.atlassian.jira.project-templates-plugin:apply-project-template-handler threw an exception while handling a notification about a project being created
com.querydsl.core.QueryException: Caught MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException for delete from `AO_54307E_GROUP` where `AO_54307E_GROUP`.`VIEWPORT_ID` = ?
at com.querydsl.sql.DefaultSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(DefaultSQLExceptionTranslator.java:50)
at com.querydsl.sql.Configuration.translate(Configuration.java:453)
at com.querydsl.sql.dml.SQLDeleteClause.execute(SQLDeleteClause.java:209)
at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.requesttype.group.RequestTypeGroupQStoreImpl.lambda$hardDeleteGroups$6(RequestTypeGroupQStoreImpl.java:119)

Background infos:

- we use a self hosted Jira 7.4.3
- we used ServiceDesk before hadn't renewed our license in some time. So this is a "reboot" but it might be, that some old data is still lingering around the datatbase

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

Sven

4 answers

0 votes
Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2019

Hallo every one,

Please try to clear the Jira cache.

This is possible from : System -> Add-ons -> Built-in Scripts -> Clear classloader or jira internal caches -> Jira internal caches

best regards

CM

0 votes

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-25 um 17.33.27.png

Once I changed the name of the project, I get a different error message (see screenshot).

Tobias Heinemann November 15, 2017

Hi Sven,

did you find a solution for this problem yet?

Sven Listing November 15, 2017

Nope - not really. I ended up installing the entire setup from scratch :(

0 votes

Hi Daniel,

We currently have JIRA for 25 and service desk for 3 users. Both licenses are active.

0 votes
Daniel Vargas Llopis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2017

Hi Sven,

Can you check what it's displayed in the Versions & Licenses page for JIRA SD?

You will be able to see there if a license is active at the moment (even if it's a trial one).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events