Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "Could not determine project or issue type id"

Nina Zolotova June 22, 2018

Hello. When our customers writing request via Jira Service Desk portal, they see an error message.

error_screen.png

What can cause it?

Thank you.

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nina Zolotova July 6, 2018

Now I get the answer - error happened because of plugin Issue Picker for Jira. I turned it off and error message disappeared.

You should upgrade the Issue Picker plugin to version 7.2.7.2 and do a full reindexing. And this bug will disappear. 

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2018

@Daniel HolzYou will  need to  check whether some addon's  are causing this issue.  have you  recently  installed some new plugins, if yes  then  you may  need to  disable to  verify whether or not they  are causing  this error.

Best regards,

Moses

0 votes
Daniel Holz December 7, 2018

I observe the same issue. The message appears for a lot of request types, but not for all. And it is different on TEST and PROD which request types are concerned. 

Nina Zolotova December 7, 2018

Is Issue Picker plugin installed on your JIRA instance? In my case this plugin caused the problem and after its uninstalling error messages disappeared.

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2018

@Yuriy LozhkinThis  error has been  fixed by  disabling   the plugin Issue Picker for Jira  in her own  case ,   do  you  have  the same  case ?

0 votes
Nina Zolotova July 4, 2018

Still have this problem. I tried to create new Service Desk projects containing different issue types and this error message now appears in every project.

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 4, 2018

@Nina ZolotovaDo  you  have license up too 10 users, if   yes  the create a ticket  in  atlassian  support  here https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

best!

Yuriy Lozhkin July 31, 2018

@Nina Zolotova Hi! Did you fix this error?

0 votes
Nina Zolotova June 26, 2018

I had re-indexed project and all system, but it didn't help. 

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2018

@Nina Zolotova  If you  have license for up to 10 users  you  may  want to  contact  atlassian  support on this one.

best!

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2018

@Nina ZolotovaAre you  able to  create requests  without errors ?

Best!

Yes, I am. Actually, no problems with request creating.

But customers see this error message and think that portal doesn't work.

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2018

@Nina ZolotovaIt  probably  could be issue with  permission,  please check  permission  scheme of  you  service desk  project  whether or not service desk  customers  have permission  to  create issues in  Service Desk Customer - Portal.

Best!

I checked it, they have permission to create issues, they can create tickets without any problem. But they think they cannot because of this error message.

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2018

@Nina ZolotovaI could suggest another thing  to  do

• Perform   project re-index if nothing  change
  • Perform full  system(re -index back-ground, preferred) this could eventually  fix issue. Note this could take time depending on  how large is your Jira SD instance.

Best!.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2018

agree w/ @Moses Thomas on the re-index.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events