Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error displaying SLA times on issues

Conveniar January 6, 2020

On the right side of the issue, in SLA display, times are interrupted/ started one hour before the time set in the calendar. The system default time and calendar times are the same (-3: 00). What may be happening?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2020

Please, provide us with screenshots of your SLAs and calendars so we can assess and help you out.

Conveniar January 7, 2020

timezone.pngcalendar.pngSLA.pngSLA.png

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2020

Apparently, your configuration is correct apart from the order of your goals that should be updated otherwise you won't get to the 2nd goal. Please note that an issue is tracked against the first goal criteria it matches on this list. (refer to Setting up SLAs)

Also, if you're referring to the time metric, they work like a stopwatch, tracking the time between two points in an issue's lifecycle. In your case, I would do a project re-index (it doesn't hurt) and an SLA recalculation by editing an existing SLA and then saving the changes. This page (How to Troubleshoot SLAs in JIRA Service Desk) will probably help you to troubleshoot it.

Hope it helps.

Conveniar January 8, 2020

Ivan, the problem, in fact, is the time when these time cycles are considered. For example, the calendar is set to pause at 12 (-3: 00) and return at 14 (-3: 00), but what happens is that it pauses at 11 and returns at 13.
I already reindexed the project and the system. Unsuccessfully.

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2020

What about the timezone set on your user preferences? Have you tried the steps of the link I mentioned or cross-check it trough the database or API? Did you enable DEBUG logging so that you can see the SLA log in JIRA? Those items will likely give you an indication of what is actually happening in this case.

Conveniar January 9, 2020

All timezones are -3: 00 (server, user default Jira and my user).
I did read the article and did some evaluations, but the "elapsedTime"/"remainingTime" are ok. What is wrong is that it always pauses / starts an hour earlier than set in the calendar. It is the view in Jira that is wrong, the calculations are correct.

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2020

Well, it sounds like it's happing for all your SLAs. I couldn't reproduce this scenario yet but I'll chime in with additional thoughts if I find out something similar. I also suggest creating a ticket with Atlassian support - they can check your logs and help you to get around this.

That’s my take, at least. Interested to hear what others have experienced! 😉

Conveniar January 10, 2020

Ok, Ivan. Thanks!

Like Ivan Lima likes this
Conveniar January 14, 2020
Like # people like this
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2020

It makes sense, good catch and thanks for sharing! Now, I'll be able to help my Brazilian fellows with this one. 😉

--------

Depois da sua dica, acabei lembrando que o presidente Bolsonaro assinou o decreto que revogou o horário de verão em 2019.

Obrigado. 

Like Juhaina Almama likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events