Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error adding new customers to service desk

Christopher Graff August 23, 2019

I'm setting up my first Jira Service Desk (server v 4.3). Customer permissions on the project are "anyone can email/raise a request" and customers can share with "Any customer". By my understanding customers should be able to signup for their own account via the service desk customer portal with these permissions.

Our customers cannot. And actually nor can agents or admins add any customers. Both through the portal or the project the user is given the error that something's gone wrong and contact sys admin. Developer tools reveals this error:

"HTTP400: BAD REQUEST - The request could not be processed by the server due to invalid syntax.

(XHR)POST - http://XXX/XXX/rest/servicedesk/1/pages/people/customers/pagination/IT/invite"

I can't find any useful documentation so have no idea where to look next to resolve this. 

Please help. Cheers,

-chris

1 answer

0 votes
jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2019

You also need to enable global permissions "Email Requests" under jira service desk configuration. You need admin access for this. If you enabled both and still having trouble, create a ticket at support.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events