Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enlarge the Description field for Request Type in Portal?

Tamara Voss April 3, 2019

Hi everybody,

is it possible to enlarge the Description field for a Request Type in the Customer Portal?

We are using the Cloud Version of Jira Service Desk.

I am new to Jira, so please forgive me if that is a bad question...

Thanks in advance,

T

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2019

Hi @[deleted] - 

When you are entering issue description in the portal, you should be able to see three angular lines on the bottom right corner of the description field which means as you type in, the field grows to fit the text. Please let me know if that does not help. 

Capture_IssueDescription.GIF

Thanks,
Kris

I did not phrase the issue properly, sorry. You can type enough text, but it's cut off for the customer on the portal. You only see "..." at the end and there is no way to expand and read the rest of the text.

Greetings!

Tamara

Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2019

Can you please explain the context and the steps when this occurs? A screenshot would help. 

I am just trying to make sure we are on the same page. 

Thanks,
Kris 

Here is what I mean - "..." shown but not the rest of the text:

screenshot.jpg

Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2019

Generally, if the three dots appear that means the description is little longer and you should be able to click on the dots to see the full text. 

If the three dots are not clickable, that is a problem. If that is the case, could you please let me know your JSD version ? I run JSD 3.14 and I can see full description. 

Thanks,
Kris 

Tamara Voss April 4, 2019

We are using the Cloud version. When I click the "..." it goes into the form.

Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2019

Thanks for the details, @Tamara Voss

I tested this on my end and cannot see three dots on cloud JSD when the description is long. 

Nevertheless, Atlassian expects the description to be short and to the point. If you still think you'll need to use the full description that needs to open upon clicking the dots, please contact Atlassian to report the problem. 

My apologies that I could not be of much help. 

best regards,
Kris 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events