Enable service desk communication with customer via HipChat

Hi,

does somebody know wether it is possible to communicate with the customers of a service desk via hipchat?

Usually our customers have issues where it is useful to be able to share their screen with our service desk agents. For this purpose I would like to use HipChat but do not see an option to give our customers access via the screen that they get when accessing their ticket.

Thanks

Hendrik

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hey Hendrik, 

Sure, thanks to integration between HipChat and JIRA Service Desk, you can create an HipChat room directly from a JIRA Service Desk ticket. Then you'll be able to enable guest access and invite your customer to the room so you will be able to chat with him ! You can learn more about it by reading this page or this blog post

Hope it helps ! 

Thanks for your Feedback but i do not understand how to enable guest access. I have my issue created and I can create hipchat room based on the issue but when trying to add the customer name to the room i get a message that 'User does not have hipchat account'.

what should i do different? Can you help me here?

thanks!

...sorry - just found the settings. Thanks a lot for your help!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

11,186 views 9 28
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you