Enable service desk communication with customer via HipChat

Hendrik Schulte-Bahrenberg May 28, 2017

Hi,

does somebody know wether it is possible to communicate with the customers of a service desk via hipchat?

Usually our customers have issues where it is useful to be able to share their screen with our service desk agents. For this purpose I would like to use HipChat but do not see an option to give our customers access via the screen that they get when accessing their ticket.

Thanks

Hendrik

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2017

Hey Hendrik, 

Sure, thanks to integration between HipChat and JIRA Service Desk, you can create an HipChat room directly from a JIRA Service Desk ticket. Then you'll be able to enable guest access and invite your customer to the room so you will be able to chat with him ! You can learn more about it by reading this page or this blog post

Hope it helps ! 

Hendrik Schulte-Bahrenberg May 31, 2017

Thanks for your Feedback but i do not understand how to enable guest access. I have my issue created and I can create hipchat room based on the issue but when trying to add the customer name to the room i get a message that 'User does not have hipchat account'.

what should i do different? Can you help me here?

thanks!

Hendrik Schulte-Bahrenberg June 1, 2017

...sorry - just found the settings. Thanks a lot for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events