Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails to Jira Service Desk are Creating Duplicate Tickets

Matthew Goldsmith November 20, 2017

Today while configuring our new Jira Service Desk install, I noticed that emails to the Office 365 mailbox I set up are creating two tickets for almost every email. These duplicate tickets are exactly the same in every detail I've seen, with the exception that only one ticket creation notification is sent to the user - for the second ticket created. This does not happen with every single email, but it does with most of them. 

jira_dup2.PNG

The incoming mail log shows only one email detected at a time.

jira_dup1.PNG

And here's the mail handler details, in case that's relevant. As per this similar issue I've already made sure that the handle is set to "Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue."

jira_dup3.PNGjira_dup4.PNGjira_dup5.PNG

Finally, our JSD install version is 3.6.2. I'm not sure what other info might be relevant. Any help or suggestions for fixes would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers

4 votes
Trey Harper December 1, 2017

I saw this same issue when I had set up the incoming mail handler on the system config and the mail handler under the project. I noticed that service desk team members/admins sending test emails and getting duplicates. I removed the system incoming mail handler and left the project one and haven't seen the issue since.

Nicholas Wolfe June 8, 2018

I had the same issue and this resolved it. Thank you.

Like Geeta Basker likes this
kratti November 15, 2018

Almost a year later and you've solved this for me. Been pulling my hair out. Thank you!

1 vote
Andreia Fernandes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2017

Hello,

please confirm that no one is reading the email in the email box directly.

Matthew Goldsmith November 20, 2017

Hmm, I have had the mailbox open in the background, though I haven't been opening emails sent there. I'll close out and see if things improve.

Matthew Goldsmith November 21, 2017

After quitting out of the open mailbox, this issue is still happening, though less frequently than before.

Andreia Fernandes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2017

Also check if you have any rules configured in the mailbox and disable them all.

Matthew Goldsmith November 27, 2017

I can confirm that there are no rules on this mailbox: image.png

0 votes
Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2017

Check outlook rule created for mail handler if something is missing there.

Matthew Goldsmith November 21, 2017

I'm not sure what you mean by that. The mail handler doesn't have any Outlook/Office365 specific settings that I can see.

Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2017

You should have a blank rule configured in outlook itself for the mailbox used to receive emails.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events