Emails not being sent to customers ONLY

Gustavo Brigo December 12, 2017

Hi there,

We followed all instructions to enable service desk notifications and set the TO fields to Reportes and Customers Involved.

We have a working SMTP server (JIRA Emails are being sent).

Just the notifications to our customers in Service Desk are not being sent. We activate the debug log as well and we are not able to see any type of activity when a issue is opened or a comment added. Just the entries to Jira Agents mail.

Att

Gustavo

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2017

Hi Gustavo,

Could you let me know what version of Service Desk you are running?  If this is Server then this should have a version number such as 2.5.x up through 3.9.1.  

If this is Cloud, then you won't have a version number per se, but that still helps us to understand your platform better.

If you're running the latest server version of 3.9.0, there is a known bug that might be causing this behavior in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5535

But this bug is known to generate a very specific error in the logs of Jira at the time this happens.  I'm not sure if this applies to you yet or not without seeing your logs from this instance.

Is this a new installation?   or when did this problem start?   I am curious to learn more about this problem so that we can help troubleshoot this.

Regards,

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events