Emails not being sent to customers ONLY

Hi there,

We followed all instructions to enable service desk notifications and set the TO fields to Reportes and Customers Involved.

We have a working SMTP server (JIRA Emails are being sent).

Just the notifications to our customers in Service Desk are not being sent. We activate the debug log as well and we are not able to see any type of activity when a issue is opened or a comment added. Just the entries to Jira Agents mail.

Att

Gustavo

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Gustavo,

Could you let me know what version of Service Desk you are running?  If this is Server then this should have a version number such as 2.5.x up through 3.9.1.  

If this is Cloud, then you won't have a version number per se, but that still helps us to understand your platform better.

If you're running the latest server version of 3.9.0, there is a known bug that might be causing this behavior in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5535

But this bug is known to generate a very specific error in the logs of Jira at the time this happens.  I'm not sure if this applies to you yet or not without seeing your logs from this instance.

Is this a new installation?   or when did this problem start?   I am curious to learn more about this problem so that we can help troubleshoot this.

Regards,

Andy

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

423 views 1 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot