Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailed Tickets Creating Blank Comments

Steve Schmidt May 2, 2019

I am currently having an issue with tickets being received by email.  The email that the tickets are sent in to is attached to a user in Active Directory, they have no permissions at all besides what a regular user in AD would have.  When a ticket is submitted, this user is being added automatically to the request participants.  This in itself wouldnt be a huge issue but then everytime there is any editing or commenting on the ticket the help desk user creates blank comments.

No automation currently in place.  This only started occurring after I switched from our test email address (still attached to a user in AD) to our production email address.  

Any ideas where to start looking?

2 answers

0 votes
Adam Knott October 10, 2019

Did you ever solve this @Steve Schmidt 

Steve Schmidt October 10, 2019

Yes, my apologies for not posting my solution.  It did end up being an alias issue that was routing mail funny causing the account to be added to every ticket.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2019

I have seen this occur when the email account is configured to have an alias or a rule that routes the mail differently.  Have you compared mail settings between the two accounts to make sure that they match?  

Steve Schmidt May 2, 2019

This seems like it could be the answer as this email was used by our previous help desk.  None of the rules there look like they could be responsible though.  I will have to do more digging on that end.  Thanks for responding.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events