Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email request with a CC'ed in recepiant

Osei Amoafo June 25, 2017

Hi,

I have an issue where, if a customer sends an email request and "cc" somebody in the email. The "cc'ed" in person becomes request participant.

The request participants then begins receiving notifications whenever the issue is updated or commented on.

How can I disable people who are "cc'ed" in on email issues from becoming request participants?

Thanks

Osei

2 answers

0 votes
jackie July 20, 2021

Thank you. 

However, while testing the following steps

1. Issue created by Customer A included Customer B & C
  2. Customers B & C get email notifications, 
  3. Customer B replies to the email

we found the following:

1. The customers do not see the Customers Involved in the email
  2. When Customer B replyed in their email this was never received by JSD/Portal or the Customers Involved.

How do I get it to show all Customers Involved and have the email replies return to JSD/Portal?

0 votes
Lorenzo Bueno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2017

Hello Osei, unless that your customers are in more than one organization they can't share requests with an organization via email accordingly to https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/adding-request-participants-732528959.html.

However, I believe that the best would be to remove the "customer involved" from the customer notifications and leave only the "reporter" tag.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events