Email reply issue Edited

Hi,

So whenever someone replies to the ticket, I get duplicated replies(one with the original reply, one with the original reply plus the ticket description).

Thanks

1 answer

0 vote
Susan Hauth Community Champion Nov 06, 2017

Hi,

So when you say "you" get duplicated replies, are these customer notifications, internal jira notifications, one of each?

Susan

Susan Hauth Community Champion Nov 06, 2017

So you need to look at your notification scheme in JIRA as perhaps you have it set up to do all sorts of notifications that are duplicating what the customer notifications are doing.

If that's not the case, perhaps you can be more specific on what action causes the notifications. Is there a customer notification and an internal notification when a comment is added? Are you the agent,reporter or being shared?  What are the permissions set up like for the project?

I think Susan is on the right track here.  With Service Desk it's important to understand there are two different possible notification types.  These differences are explained in the KB JIRA Service Desk Notification explanation

The footer of the messages will tell you if this is Service Desk or Jira Core notifications.

I'd be interested to look closely at these "duplicates".  I suspect that you're getting one message for a new comment added, and another notification because either the issue transitioned to a new state, or the issue was edited.  These are different events that might happen at the same time.  As such the notification schemes might be working correctly depending on the details of your situation.  In these cases, theses are not true duplicate messages.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

784 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you