Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email fails to create ticket once fields set as mandatory in global field configuration

Alesandro Senerchia October 19, 2019

Good day,

I configured ticket creation through emails.  I created a new issue type called "not classified" and picked only the fields that I needed and were obligatory for the issue creation (summary, description).

I also set up some other fields as mandatory (ex. Impact, priority, components, etc) but again, those are not part of the "non classified" issue.

The problem i'm currently facing is that when I set the fields to mandatory, in global configuration and send an email, I get a error stating that the fields need a value entered (ex. component)

What I don't get, is that the "non classified" issue does not have those fields added to the issue and another scheme as been set up setting the mandatory fields as non mandatory.

So my question how come this happens and how can I fix it without having the remove the mandatory flags on the fields?

1 answer

1 vote
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2019

Hey @Alesandro Senerchia

From your description, it sounds like your new issue type and the issue type you made those fields required for are sharing the same field configuration. Your issue type "not classified" will need to be on its own field configuration so you do not get that error.

The way it works unfortunately does not allow you to share a field configuration and simply not require the fields because they are not present on the current screen. If certain fields are required and they are not on any of the issue type screens (create, edit, view, ect) when you go to create that issue, it will error out and tell you that that there are required fields missing a value. This is because the field configuration it is using is looking for a value in those fields.

Alesandro Senerchia October 22, 2019

Thank you for your explanation.

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2019

Of course! did that solve your problem? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events