Email channel replies not to include history

Dear Support,

We are using the email channel to create requests in JIRA service desk. We are also adding comments to requests by replying to notification emails. When replying, all the mail history is added to the comment. Is there a way to prevent this behaviour, from JIRA/service desk side, since the history includes the notification from JIRA.

5 answers

1 accepted

Hi @Eric Zelinski,

I'm not using the JIRA email handler, I'm using the JIRA service desk email channel which doesn't include the mentioned option.

Thanks,

@Eric Zelinski

Yes the two handlers are different. You don't need to configure JIRA handler to enable the service desk email channel. They have two different configurations.

When configuring your mail handler there's a section "Split regex" we use to try to exclude the email history that is often included on replies. Often, about 98% of the time it works. Here's what I'm currently using, I'm also interested in what others use for this situation.

/[^\n]*From: *|___.*|On .*wrote:|-----Orig.*|On .*(JIRA).*|CONFIDENTIALITY\: This e\-mail.*/

If I understand correctly the JIRA Service Desk handler only creates the tickets. While the JIRA email handler would control the comments (replies). I admittedly am still learning JIRA, but this is the way I understand it. 

Hi 

You can refer to this ticket here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1477,

JIRA Service Desk mail handler's configuration is different from normal JIRA mail handler.

I will add a non-public link to this support case, but I would like to encourage you to cast a vote on that issue and share your use-case within the comments, as that has way more impact on our product development than most other efforts. Also add it to your watch list to get notified once it is implemented in a future version.

Thanks,

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Mar 09, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

E.L. Fridge's take on education, Jira Service Desk, and creative Jira use cases

...word of mouth, so by 2016, we were working with several other entities on campus to implement Jira Service Desk . The Atlassian motto of “for every team” has really come true for us in this case. We...

970 views 2 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you