Email channel replies not to include history

Dear Support,

We are using the email channel to create requests in JIRA service desk. We are also adding comments to requests by replying to notification emails. When replying, all the mail history is added to the comment. Is there a way to prevent this behaviour, from JIRA/service desk side, since the history includes the notification from JIRA.

5 answers

1 accepted

Hi @Eric Zelinski,

I'm not using the JIRA email handler, I'm using the JIRA service desk email channel which doesn't include the mentioned option.

Thanks,

@Eric Zelinski

Yes the two handlers are different. You don't need to configure JIRA handler to enable the service desk email channel. They have two different configurations.

When configuring your mail handler there's a section "Split regex" we use to try to exclude the email history that is often included on replies. Often, about 98% of the time it works. Here's what I'm currently using, I'm also interested in what others use for this situation.

/[^\n]*From: *|___.*|On .*wrote:|-----Orig.*|On .*(JIRA).*|CONFIDENTIALITY\: This e\-mail.*/

If I understand correctly the JIRA Service Desk handler only creates the tickets. While the JIRA email handler would control the comments (replies). I admittedly am still learning JIRA, but this is the way I understand it. 

Hi 

You can refer to this ticket here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1477,

JIRA Service Desk mail handler's configuration is different from normal JIRA mail handler.

I will add a non-public link to this support case, but I would like to encourage you to cast a vote on that issue and share your use-case within the comments, as that has way more impact on our product development than most other efforts. Also add it to your watch list to get notified once it is implemented in a future version.

Thanks,

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,033 views 6 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot