Email Tickets - Attach to a Ticket based on Email Subject

ASB Admin January 24, 2018

I am trying to create tickets automatically from emails. That is working properly. But, I am trying to add to tickets via email as well, but I can't find any way to add to a ticket, even if the subject line is the same, for example Order: 123456.

To preface this, I am trying to create tickets based on order confirmation emails, and shipping confirmations. So I get an order confirmation, use VBScript in Outlook to sanitize the subject line to just the order number, and then send it to Jira.

The ticket gets created as: Ticket 555 Order: 123456. But when I get the shipping confirmation, I sanitize the data to have a subject line of Order:123456 and email it to Jira, it creates Ticket 556 Order123456.

Any way I can get Jira to add that email to Ticket 555 without having the ticket number in the subject line?

2 answers

0 votes
ASB Admin January 24, 2018

Ok, that's what I figured, just wanted to double check. Thanks!

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2018

Hi Ben,

I'm afraid having issue key in you email subject is required if you want JSD to recognize it as a part of an existing issue. The placement of the key within email subject however is up to you. You can place it in the very end of the subject and it'll still work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events