It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Email Subject modifies Type

When a user sends an email, can Jira Service Desk automatically apply a type defined by what is in the subject field?

We get a routine request for new hire creation or terminations that say in the subject "Employee Separation...".  I would like it to immediately be created with the Type of "Service Request with Authorization".

I'm sure this has been answered before but I can't seem to find it in the search.

1 answer

Hello @David Gage,

Yes, after the request creation you can change the "Request type" using the service desk automation. See screenshot below for more information.

automation.png

Also,the above rule works if the request is raised via the customer portal. If the request is through email, then I am not sure if it works. I see a bug request raised for the same :

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-3852

Thanks,

Swathi

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

336 views 0 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you