Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Request not automatically create

Vu Hoang October 23, 2020

Hi, 

I'm new to JSD and still trying to set it up for my company. I ran into this problem which in my opinion should be very easy and straightforward but somehow JSD makes it so complicated. So here is my problem:

I am trying to set up Email Request for my customer and have successfully connected our own supporting email (Gmail) with JSD. So I created the App Password for JIRA, connected it. I received the email saying "Your service desk email channel is ready to receive requests!...". However, no ticket is created. I tried to send another email to the supporting address, still no ticket is created. 

So I spent the last few hours reading all the related topics and have made sure that:

- I tested the email channel connection: working

- I checked the customer permissions: everyone can create ticket through portal and send email to [...]

- I checked and made sure Email Puller is on.

- I assigned default ticket types

I booked a demo meeting with JSD support team next week but I am hoping s.o in the community could help me figure this out. The other possibility that I could think of is that I need to have some settings in GMAIL to make sure the email is forwarded to JIRA. However, I can't find any instruction on that. 

Any support/advice is appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2020

Hi Vu, so did you add this email under project settings > email requests? And you have a request type assigned to the email address? Assuming so, in the email requests page click on view logs and see what it conveys for failures

Vu Hoang October 23, 2020

@Jack Brickey 

Yes, I added the email in the Email Requests and also have Request Type assigned. 

Processing log doesn't have anything. Connectivity log shows SUCCESS status from my initial connection.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2020

If you log into the email account do you see the emails in the inbox? Are they marked as read or unread?

Vu Hoang October 24, 2020

@Jack Brickey the email are marked as unread.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2020

That would seem to say your Jira instance isn’t reaching your email inbox. Is this a normal email address. Not shared email? Can you try the default provided email from Atlassian to see if it works or try another gmail address?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events