Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Handling - Responding to customers

DR January 10, 2020

I have 3 jira service desk projects. The plan is to have each connected to a different email account hosted in O365. Customers will email these addresses and agents will respond via email. We don't want customers to have to create Jira accounts etc.

As a test I've connected one of the projects to a mailbox and have successfully received requests sent to it, however there are two problems so far:

1) The request email had someone CCed in but this isn't shown anywhere in the ticket/case.
2) I can't respond to the request. I select the respond to customer button and write a response, but the requester doesn't receive an email.

I've searched through the service desk documentation but can't seen anything regarding configuration or response emails.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hello @DR

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I understand you set your global customer permission under Jira Settings > Products > Jira Service Desk configuration to allow customers to access and send requests from the help center without logging in, so your users do not need to log in or create any accounts to create requests in your portal. Is that correct?

If you did it, the problems you mentioned could be caused by the following reasons:

1) The request email had someone CCed in but this isn't shown anywhere in the ticket/case.

As you can see in this documentation, users that are not logged can not see requests in the portal, but only create new requests. That being said, they cannot be added as a request participant in the request.

Confirm if the e-mail address in Cc is a valid Jira user/customer with access to the request. If he is, the user should be added as a request participant in the ticket.

2) I can't respond to the request. I select the respond to customer button and write a response, but the requester doesn't receive an email.

If a customer does not log in Jira application, Jira can not identify which is the e-mail of the user that created the ticket, so no notification will be sent. Can you please confirm if the user which created the request is properly added and logged as a customer when he sent the request? Also, is the creator of the request properly added as the reporter of the request created?

Also, check if your customer notifications setting is properly configured to be sent to the reporter under Project settings > Customer notifications.

Let us know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events