Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing the screen

Michelle Greenfield September 23, 2019

I am planning to remove some fields in a subtask and replacing them with fields from the parent task. Is there anything I need to be aware of before I do this?

Also, is there a way I can do this in the background without the changes being effective immediately?  I don't want to restrict the users from using the system.

1 answer

0 votes
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2019

Hi there Michelle

Be sure not to remove required fields or fields somehow needed in the workflow. But aside from that I can't think of any things to be aware of.

Documentation regarding Required Fields: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-make-jira-applications-fields-required-in-a-workflow-transition-691011903.html

Sadly there is no way to edit Screens without having the change be in effect immediately. As soon you remove or add a field the change is saved.

Cheers
Niklas

Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2019

Not exactly you are asking but I wanted to add that incase it may help you to implement what you are trying to do. There are some add-ons provide "Parent issue field/value" type of custom fields. They are used to show readonly value of a selected field of parent issue on a subtask. Using one of these add-ons may allow you to use both fields at the same time during your update. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events