Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing code through announcement banner

David Mora October 3, 2014

I am trying to change some UI by using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript in the announcement banner. For example, I will use firefox's firebug tool to look at specific tags and id's in objects and then adding my own code to manipulate it through the announcement banner.

I have a question regarding variable names. I am using javascript to hide some text (for example) from everyone else but system administrators. I can't figure out what the variable name is that stores the roles of the users. Does anyone here know what it is or where I may be able to find it?

<script>

if( variable != admin status) {

.....hide text...

}

</script>

Also, does anyone know if customer portal can be edited through the same method of adding code to the announcement banner?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2014

Editing the announcement banner does affect the customer portal. There is no variable that holds a user's roles. You may be able to work around this by looking for elements that exist only for users with Admin privileges. Take a look at the upper right portion of the UI and see if maybe you can get the Admin links id or something along those lines to act as a marker for yourself.

David Mora October 7, 2014

Thank you Boris. I will try that and see if I can get it to work. With multiple service desks there are multiple customer portals. Since we cannot edit the customer portal code directly, is there a page that shows users the list of all customer portals that are available? The Designing Customer Portal documentation states tha the proper url is: http://<computer_name_or_IP_address>:<HTTP_port_number>/jira/servicedesk/customer/portals but this link is broken when i try to access it. Has the link been changed? I would like a centralized page where end users would be able to jump from customer portal to customer portal as they see fit.

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

That URL is correct if you are on version 2.0+ of JIRA Service Desk

David Mora October 7, 2014

Okay thanks. Is there a way to configure the end user portal so that after clicking on a customer portal you have a link that takes you back to the jira service desk page with all the service desks?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events