Editing Subtask View within an Issue

Sam Starett May 29, 2020

I am new to administrating on Jira Service Desk; I've been a Salesforce Admin for some time and have learned various other tools pretty quickly. That said I'm running into an issue with some of the more advanced tasks in Jira Service Desk.

I need to update the jira.table.cols.subtasks so that it shows different fields on the Issue that the subtask is attached to. I've followed the instructions and tried to use the IssueFieldConstants but no luck.

Figure 1. Shows a ticket with 3 subtasks. It shows Issue Type, Key, Summary, Priority, Assignee, and Status.

Figure 2. Shows the fields that should appear in this table.

Observations:

1) My understanding is that the fields should appear in the order that they are listed. But that doesn't seem to hold true here (Figure2)

2) I've added 2 new fields, if the field values are wrong it won't allow you to update so I'm assuming the fact that it updated means the values are accurate.

3) There are other fields I want to add but cannot for the life of me find a value for them. Trying to navigate the IssueFieldConstants is a nightmare.

Questions:

1) What am I missing? I attempted to create new subtasks to see if it only worked "going forward" but instead found even less information appeared when I did this.

2) Can anyone guide me a bit on the IssueFieldsConstant page and how to identify the fields that I need. I want to add Estimated Hours and Log Work so you can easily log work on each subtask rather than going into the Subtask. (I know it's possible at least in Jira Software I've used this feature before)Figure 1.JPGFigure 2.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Bharath Kumar Kappala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2020

hi @Sam Starett Welcome to the community

Did you try reindexing your Jira instance we had a similar problem and re indexing our Jira instance helped resolve our issue.

Hope this helps!

Sam Starett May 29, 2020

Thank you for the input. Can you please define "re-indexing" I've not done that before.

Bharath Kumar Kappala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2020

You can reindex a single JIRA project, as a JIRA administrator, by:

1. Visit the project
  2. Click on the "Project settings" on the bottom left of the screen.
  3. On "Project settings" page, Click on "Re-index project" option from the left hand side menu.
  4. Click on "Start project re-index" button to perform the project re-indexing.

Or to Reindex your entire Jira instance you would just click on the settings icon and go to System and choose Indexing option do a background or locked reindex

Here is a document which explains more on the indexing - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/understand-the-index-process-in-jira-server-776654790.html

Sam Starett May 29, 2020

There is no option under Project Settings in Jira Service Desk for re-indexing, nor in System. We are not using Jira Server. We are using Jira Service Desk (Cloud).

Bharath Kumar Kappala
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2020

Ahhh I see yeah Reindexing is just available for Server and DC instances, for the cloud instances Atlassian does reindexing. I think you would have to reach out to Atlassian support and they would be able to help.

Sam Starett May 29, 2020

That seems to be accurate, as lots of people are confirming it was removed and should be automated but it isn't working.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events