Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit SLA

Peter Edlund January 8, 2020

We are two companies that sell a combined service to our customers.

At our company, we use Jira Service Desk, but the other company uses another system.
Today we use email integration when they transfer an incident from their system to ours.

The issue is that we have trouble tracking the total SLA.

We would like to find an option to modify the SLA, manually, or if it is possible with API integration.

Eg.

We have a total SLA of 10h
The other company uses Xh of the SLA before sending the ticket to us.
how can we track our incident to show the SLA as 10h-Xh

If they used 2h, we would like to have 8h, if they used 4h we should have 6h left.

1 answer

0 votes
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2020

Hello Peter, 

I think what you'd like to achieve isn't possible.
If we think about the most convenient option, which would be that you would manage to pull the number of hours that the ticket spent on their side, and then manage to display this info somewhere on the ticket and get a calculation of the SLA based on the regular SLA minus the value stored in this field - all that process is, I'm afraid - very unlikely to happen. 

On a second scenario where you would be able to change manually the SLA, I think the whole point of the SLA is to not be changed manually by the agents, otherwise, it would be too easy :D 

The only workaround that I would see - but it would require mental calculation and possibly lots of manual work if you have a wide range of SLA: 

I would simply create a custom field (choice type) "SLA adjustment". Then give this field as many values as it needs to have. So: 9h, 8h, etc. and "Not required". The default value would be "Not required"

Then go to your SLA rules and create an SLA goal for each value of this field (except the not required value). 

Now you also need to agree with the other team - before they transfer the ticket - to write how much time elapsed. 

So when you receive a ticket, time elapsed is 4hours, you select the SLA adjustment field and select the 6-hour value :) 

It's a manual but creative workaround that would do what you're looking for, but I feel it depends on many external factors (the fact that they provide you with the right time elapsed, the agent calculate correctly) and can be too much to implement (if you have SLAs of more than 30hours for example..) but if you just need a quick fix, that might be a solution :) 

I hope it helps,
Hermance

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events