Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail channel for project not working as expected

Mark Hylas December 3, 2017

I've followed the instructions outlined in the documentation for creating e-mail channels, making sure that the permissions were set so that customers were created from users who raised issues via email. I have one channel that is working perfectly for its corresponding project; when I try to replicate the settings for another project, I cannot produce the desired behavior for that project.

Customer permissions are set so that anyone can raise an issue via email for all projects. Global settings are set according to documentation. Request types are set according to documentation. 

I tested the connection and the connection is fine; but nothing ever shows up in the process log. 

1 answer

0 votes
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2017

Hi Mark, 

Are the projects using different email addresses?

Mark Hylas December 4, 2017

Yes; they are. As a matter of fact, I am prohibited from re-using an e-mail [I receive an error message if I try to use one email for two different procects' channels.] However, one e-mail matches that of an administrator. Not sure if this has any impact; are there any standards or guidelines for the emails used for these channels that are not made clear in the provided documentation?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events