Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate tickets being created by fielding servicedesk

Johan July 31, 2018

Hi guys, I am not sure if this is a jira related issue or maybe just an issue with the way we have set up our escalation chain. 

Let me explain what happens

1. Callcentre fields the call from the customer and logs the ticket with the details below
  2. [Fwd:##82889##:FW: Cookie Batch Required - 2018/07/21]Please assist with the below.
  3. So already you can see it adds a "Fwd" infront of the ticket because it gets assigned to us from their helpdesk (Manage Engine)
  4. Then when they follow up on this ticket on their side we get a new ticket created on our service desk with the following subject.
  5. Fwd[Fwd:##82889##:FW: Cookie Batch Required - 2018/07/21]Please assist with the below.
  6. As you can see it adds another "Fwd"in front of the subject again and Jira creates another new ticket. 

Our agents have to link up 100s of these tickets on a weekly basis and we would really like to get rid of this behaviour. Maybe someone can assist me with a tool within Jira to assist? Or any other advice would do. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2018

You will need to find or write an add-on that provides a new email handler, one that can recognise and process the remote system's key.  Jira can only work with its own keys, it can't understand some other system's arbitrary keys.

The other option is change the way your helpdesk works so that it includes the Jira issue key in the subject when there are updates.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events