Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate tickets are created(7) when email sent to associated email to create ticket

Suchi Nayak June 1, 2017

Duplicate tickets are created(7) when  a mail is sent to  associated  email id 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2017

Suchi, i think more info is needed here. What do you mean by "associated email id"? Are you saying that duplicate tickets are created if a customer (user) creates an issue via the email channel? Is this a recent development where previously things were working fine or has it been doing this since day 1?

Suchi Nayak June 1, 2017

Hey Jack, Thanks for replying. Yes, It was working totally fine but from today morning duplicate tickets are created if a customer (user) creates an issue via the email channel( Dropping a mail ).

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2017

Thanks for clarification. The first thing I would check is to see if only a single email is actually in the email inbox vs. two emails. Secondly, I would check the settings for the Mail Handler. See the thread to the right under Related content "Multiple Tickets from the same Email Alert". If everything works, and no one chimes in here soon with the answer I would recommend opening support ticket w/ Atlassian.

Suchi Nayak June 1, 2017

I just checked. Its single email &  where can I see  the  Related content ?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2017

so you do not see Related content on upper right of this page? Here is the link. You could also simply type "Multiple Tickets..." into the search and you will find it there.

Suchi Nayak June 1, 2017

Ohh I got that Thank you but thats not the case. I'll drop a support ticket w/ Atlassian.

Thanks Jack !

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2017

didn't think so but worth checking. Please post the results of the Atlassian effort here for future benefit.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events