Duplicate Issues being created from the same email chain

Rik Taylor July 4, 2017

Hi,

We currently use a hosted version of JIRA Service Desk.

When an email is sent to our support mailbox it auotmatically creates an issue in Jira Service Desk.

JIRA Service Desk handles correspondence between the customer/email receipient and our support email perfectly. It tracks the history of the conversation within the ticket.

Sometimes however we need to forward emails onto third party companys to help resolve the issue. When we change the receipient of the email JIRA Service Desk incorrectly creates a new ticket. Other ticketing systems usually allow you to include other receipients and keep track of the details whithin one ticket.

I have tried including the JIRA ticket number in the email subject so JIRA knows that is part of the same issue, however it still creates a new ticket.

Any idea on what we are doing wrong or how we can avoide these duplicates being created? 

thanks,

Rik

2 answers

0 votes
Leo Leung April 15, 2019

Hi, I also have this problem.

May I know how to solve it? Thanks!

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2017

Hi Rik,

I see you have a ticket in with Support.  When you get a chance please reply to the SE's response from this morning and once the issue is resolved please put the answer you got from Support here so others may benefit as well.

Cheers,

Branden

Leo Leung April 15, 2019

Hi, I also have this problem.

May I know how to solve it? Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events