Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Login for Customer Portal for JIRA Service Desk Cloud

ServiceDesk February 23, 2018

Hi, I am using JIRA Service Desk Cloud. I am accessing the Customer Portal using this URL https://XXXXXX.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal  

I seem to need to login 2 times.  Please see screenshot attachment.  Is this normal?Login Screen 1.PNGLogin Screen 1a.PNGLogin Screen 2.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2018

Hi Mike,

I'd like to take a look at this behavior.

Can you confirm if your instance is the one at av*******.atlassian.net? If you give me permission, I can login as a support engineer and see what's going on.

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

ServiceDesk February 28, 2018

Hi Shannon, I confirm the instance is the one at av*******.atlassian.net.  Please go ahead and login to investigate.  Thanks.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2018

Thanks, Mike!

When you enter an email address in that first login box, it checks first to see if it's an Atlassian ID. If it is, it will not ask you for a password there, but redirect you to the Atlassian ID login page.

So, if you were to type Ivy's email address that is on the server, it won't do this.

However, if I type the email address in your example since it doesn't exist as an Atlassian ID (I am assuming you changed the domain to abc.com to not post her email on a public forum), then it will ask you for a password there instead.

I wasn't able to replicate the exact issue you're having, so it may be that it was a bug briefly, but has now been resolved.

Can you confirm?

Regards,

Shannon 

ServiceDesk March 1, 2018

Hi Shannon, I am using a different id (ivy.yap@abc.com) as I do not want to post on public forum.  The issue is still happening and I hope you can assist further.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 2, 2018

Mike,

Using Ivy's actual email address from your instance, I'm not able to replicate the issue and can confirm it works normally.

If you get the password box from your first screenshot, it means you're entering an email address that doesn't exist in the system.

If you are entering the proper email and it still occurs, I would recommend flushing your cache and on your browser. 

Regards,

Shannon

ServiceDesk March 2, 2018

Hi Shannon, I have flush browser cache and use a private browsing window and there is still some problem.  Although I do not need to enter the 1st screenshot password, I need to click on the button "Login with Single-Sign-On" and then jump to the blue login screen again asking me for userid and password again.  Is this normal?  So many login screens?  I tried on other laptops also the same issue.  

Regards

Mike 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 2, 2018

Hi Mike, 

That's expected. This is because the login is indeed an Atlassian ID, so it just takes you automatically to the ID page to enter the password.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Regards,

Shannon

ServiceDesk March 4, 2018

Hi Shannon, don't you think this is a bit weird where user gets two login screen? First screen entering the userid and second screen entering the userid again with the password.   Why not go directly to the page for the userid and password?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 5, 2018

Hi Mike,

This is the way that SAML sign-in works. It first asks your email address to check it against the Atlassian ID database, recognizes it, then sends you to login via SSO and Atlassian ID. It saves the email address you entered the first time so you do not need to type it again.

Let me know if you have any further questions about that!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events