Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does every Agent in JIRA need a license in Service Desk?

deborah a plante November 26, 2014

For example, our developers are JIRA agents, but would not but utilizing the Service Desk add on - when calculating the licenses we need for Service Desk, do I need to count the JIRA agents who will not be using Service Desk?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2014

Yes, but no.

Each person who needs to be an Agent in Service Desk needs a licence.  If they do not need to be an agent, then don't make them an agent.  A "JIRA Agent who will not be using service desk" is pointless - they don't need to be Agents, so drop them out of the Agent group and they won't count.  I think you need to decide whether your developers really are agents or not.

Fabrizio Galletti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2014

Yes it's useless to promote some interal to Agents rols, it only costs you a service desk license.

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2014

I believe it depends on Service Desk version you use. In SD prior to 2.0 you had to match your SD license with your JIRA license but starting with SD 2.0 Atlassian introduced new licencing scheme:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/JIRA+Service+Desk+licensing

There NOT everyone who is JIRA user has to be agent in SD but only people who work on customer issues. 

0 votes
deborah a plante December 2, 2014

Thank you, that is exactly what the issue was. I was able to figure it out from the link provided by RVal. Thanks everyone :)

0 votes
Charles Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2014

Deborah, for clarity, the company developers are JIRA users, but not Service Desk Agents. It may seem like a technicality, but each term has a specific meaning in this case.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events