Do not allow customers to set up access to the customer portal initially, but eventually

Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2019

I'm in a situation where I want to bulk add customers to my service desk project. However, I do not want them to be using the customer portal at the time I add them.

In Jira Service Desk's project settings I go to Customer Notifications and select "Do not send account verification emails." This means that the email addresses I added will not receive a link to set up their account on the customer portal.

However, in the near future I will want to give them access to the customer portal (business needs and concerns prevent that from happening immediately). If I turn on the Account verification email, all new customer email addresses I add will get that signup form for the customer portal. How do I ensure that the customers I added before I turned on the Account Verification email get emails for verification?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2019

Dear @Sam Nadarajan ,

you simply cannot, because the already created accounts are out of any process. What could work is a kind of a "revoke". When you reset their passwords, they should be get a mail - but not the welcome mail.

You could query your already created users from REST API and send them a self-made welcome message. Could be realized with a shell script using mailx from command line (linux).

So long

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events