Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to be a service desk agent to see Tempo in a service desk project?

Salva August 30, 2017

Hi,

I have one user in my organization that wants to have access to Tempo in tickets of a Service Desk Project but I would like to avoid extra payments for this.

Is there any way he can see tempo without granting him to the "Jira Service Desk" application access?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Steph
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2017

Hi Salvador,

Have you already set this user up as a collaborator? If he is already a JIRA Software or JIRA Core memeber, then you can set him up to be one.

If you have and he still cannot see Tempo, then I'd say he won't be able to without being a JIRA Service Desk agent. Per the documentation on Service Desk permissions:

Collaborators can:
View issues, comments and attachments
Add attachments and delete their own attachments
Add internal comments to issues and delete their own comments
Watch and vote for issues

Only agents are able to edit issues, log time, etc. and the permission schemes for Service Desk projects are actually really quite strict - in my experience, it hasn't been possible to bypass any limitations imposed on the Service Desk roles using JIRA's permission schemes and the like.

I hope that helps!

Steph

Salva September 4, 2017

Hi Steph.

Thanks for the quick reply!.

I just tried to add the user as a "collaborator" and check if he can see Tempo in the Service Desk project but didn't work.

Seems that the only way to do this, is by adding the user to the service desk team.

Again, thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events