Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to subscribe to Confluence if I want a public knowledge base for my Jira Service Desk.

Brian Price October 16, 2017

I'm a bit confused regarding what's included with the Jira Service Desk subscription.  Knowledge bases are listed as a feature.  Is it necessary to subscribe to Confluence also to use the knowledge base feature or is limited Confluence functionality included with the base Jira Service Desk subscription

In short, do I need two subscriptions to run a public facing service desk with a linked knowledge base?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2017

The only knowledge base functionality is tied to the Confluence tool, so that's correct.

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2017

Hi Brian,

Yes it is confusing.  Basically you can link 1 space in your confluence instance for your Service Desk.  However, that only allows the pop-ups within Service Desk to be viewed.  It does not allow access to Confluence itself. 

Hope that helps,

Susan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events