Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display jira in iframe

Vincent Guerandel May 11, 2014

Hi,

I am trying to display jira on demand in a frameset but cannot get the login page to display properly.

The url is amsolutions.atlassian.net.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2014

I think you're going to struggle with this - the login page relies on gadgets, which are also in a frame of sorts. Using it within an iframe means reduced functionality and lying to the framed application about how it's executing, so they tend to fall over. Jira is pretty much aimed at full browsers, so it doesn't resize nicely (unless you can trick the iframe into telling it that it's running on a mobile device)

Could you explain what is wrong with the frameset?

Vincent Guerandel May 11, 2014

Thank you for your answer but I cannot even get the login page to load in the frameset, code below:

<HTML><HEAD>

<META NAME="description" CONTENT="domain-name">

</HEAD>

<FRAMESET border=0 rows="100%,*" frameborder="no" marginleft=0 margintop=0 marginright=0 marginbottom=0>

<frame src="https://amsolutions.atlassian.net" scrolling=auto frameborder="no" border=0 noresize>

<frame src="UntitledFrame-32" frameborder="no" scrolling=no noresize marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 topmargin="0" border=0>

</FRAMESET><noframes></noframes>

</HTML>

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2014

I suspect it's trying to prevent certain web-based attacks, and you're going to need to either rewrite the incoming HTML with a proxy or stop trying to use iFrames (the third option would be to hack Jira to allow it, but you can't change the code on OnDemand)

There's more at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-20988

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events