Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display a customer profile (custom) field in the view issue screen

Tom De Cock October 7, 2017

We're looking at the possibilities of JIRA Service Desk . I noticed you can use the add-on 'User Profile for JIRA' on JSD.

Is it possible to display a customer field (standard or custom) on the view issue screen?

Now you have to hover over de user profile to see all the fields. We would like to embed some important fields in the issue itself so they stand out immediately.

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Brown [Ascend] October 7, 2017

First off, are you trying to pull information from an external directory (I.e. Active Directory / LDAP, etc.?) If so, I recommend using Active Directory Attributes to pull customer information (phone / manager / location). You can create a custom field and place it in the actual issue to view.

For your app "User Profiles for JIRA", You can create a custom field and select the user's attributes you would like to display: https://support.communardo.de/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=60785244. You can create this custom field, and ensure it appears in the screen when you do your configurations. 

Hope this helps!

Tom De Cock October 7, 2017

That'll do. Thanks

Stacey E. Kimmel-Smith April 17, 2018

Hi,

So why do you recommend AD rather than LDAP?

And, if you are not using this add-on, what information is actually mapped into the profile. For folks not using the add-on, what does port over to the user profile? How do you function without at least a phone number?

Thanks for any info...

Michael Brown [Ascend] May 24, 2018

Stacey, I do not recommend AD over LDAP. Both are good in their own ways. Active Directory Attributes works across LDAP and AD. 

The only items that really port over to the user profile are the Username, Password, AD / LDAP groups, but it depends on how you decide to manage your users (Read Only / Read Only with Local Groups / Read-Write). 

There are probably others on the marketplace as well that may work, but AD Attributes add-on does the job for us without any coding (we do not develop AD Attributes). 

Franz Reichard _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2020

Hello,

thank you @Michael Brown [Ascend] for pointing to our documentation for User Profiles for Jira.

As we moved our documentation the instructions can be found here now.

If you have further questions or support requests you can always contact our support.

Kind regards

Franz
Communardo Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events