Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Custom Fields on Service Desk Customer Portal

Mike Warner October 20, 2017

I have some custom fields that get populated as an issue is worked on that I would like to display in the customer portal (when reviewing requests), but i don't want the customers to have to view those custom fields (or set values on them) when they're raising the issue...  For example, when an issue goes back to the requestor for UAT, the developer would provide a link to the appropriate test environment via a custom field...  The customer should not have to interact with that field when raising the issue, but it should be displayed when reviewing the issue when they are doing UAT. (customers can execute UAT transitions, as we're using Actions for Jira Service Desk)

I've tried adding the custom field to the request type, but of course, the customer sees it when raising an issue, and they can set a value. I've also tried hiding the custom field on the request type, however that subsequently hides the field when reviewing issues on the portal.

6 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 30, 2018

Hi,

You can achieve it using our app Extension for Jira Service Desk. In the Visibility section, select Fields tab. Choose your custom field and switch the toggle Hide for all on. This field is hide for customers, but if agent put something in this field, this information is visible on the request.

I guess that it solves your problem.

Kate

Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2018

Confirmed this works.  Thanks!

4 votes
Mayur Kale May 11, 2018

Hi All

I managed to find a workaround, you essentially need to add the custom field to a specific project context 

Make sure your logged in as Admin

1. Go to jira administration and click on Issues

2. Find your custom field

3. Click on the small cog wheel icon and then on configure

4. Fill out the form, which will comprise of details in relation to Configuration scheme label, Issue types and Context. When you come to option box selection ensure you select "Apply to issues under selected projects", this will add the field to the desired project. click add when done

5. Go back to your projects and under request types>> edit fields, the custom field will be available for you to add to the customer request form.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mayur

Icon Solutions

Nageswara Rao Siriki September 25, 2018

Okay, looks like this is for projects - issues create/edit/view screens. Do you see options to configure fields for Request Page - Portal View ?

Like Andreas Link likes this
Oskar Collin November 26, 2018

This worked for me, thanks!

Dario Andres Palminio Choy July 8, 2021

This worked for me, thanks!

2021-07-08-09-50-bxpress.atlassian.net.png

4 votes
Maurice
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2017

Hi Mike,

Jira Service Desk currently doesn't have the ability to do this. We do have an open Feature Request for this type of functionality.

JSDCLOUD-4328 - Add fields (view only) in Customer Portal

JSDSERVER-4328 - Add fields (view only) in Customer Portal

It would be great if you could add your vote to the feature requests, you can feel free to leave a comment with your use case as well which can be used if the feature is chosen for development.

In the meantime, I'm not aware of any plugins that offer this functionality, but there is a huge number of them out there so perhaps someone can chime in with one if it exists.

Best regards,
Brian

Mike Warner October 24, 2017

Thanks for your answer. I've found a bit of a workaround you might consider for other folks with similar needs.

In addition to Service Desk, we're also using Actions for Service Desk, to allow our customers to execute transitions (questions, UAT approval etc.). Using Actions for Jira Service Desk, I can add Read Only fields to transition screens.  I've done that, though not 100% what i'd like, it's "close enough".

Thanks,

Mike

Like # people like this
Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2018

We're refactoring Service Desks as we prepare to move from our legacy license to Data Center and this is turning out to be a huge problem.

For our travel team we may surface a transition to have a receipt mailed to them or something to help them see some of this data.  This is so very less than ideal though.

1 vote
Parva C. - Narva Software June 30, 2020

Hi Mike,

Jira does not have this feature by default. For cloud users, we have developed an add-on called Extra Fields for Jira Service Desk

Using this add-on you can display any Jira field to customers. They will be able to view but not edit the field value. It also supports custom fields.

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2021

hi @Parva C. - Narva Software 

I have tried out your add-on against a custom field. It picks up the custom field in the setup. I am able to check box it, but I don't see the read-only field on the Customer Portal request view screen. I've also read your one-pager help guide and followed the instructions, but it doesn't work.

It would be super useful if the field was visible on the REQUESTS screen of the Customer Portal. Is that not possible? 

Mike

0 votes
Elitsa Velikova February 28, 2024

Hi,

The Advanced Portal Reports. app will allow you to show any custom field on the Customer view in the portal and it also provides your customers (portal users) with a table report where they can see, search, filter and export all their Jira Service Management tickets, including many additional details (incl. SLAs, custom fields, etc.), with a very simple UI. If it sounds helpful you can try it free for 30 days.

Greetings,

Elitsa

0 votes
Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 9, 2023

Hi there,

as we are also heavily missing this feature, we had to implement the functionality ourselves...

This is the result: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1231484/awesome-custom-fields-for-jsm

So far, it only provides the possibility to display the custom fields of our app.

Cheers,

paul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events