Dismiss Service Desk alert on custom permission scheme

We use a custom permission scheme for our Service Desk (as described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/Using+custom+permission+schemes). This means all users see this message:

Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 12.06.58 PM.png

This would just be a minor annoyance, except that Project Admins are able to click the error and "upgrade" the permission scheme:

Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 12.08.07 PM.png

Is there a way to hide or dismiss this message?

5 answers

+1   would really like to find a way to hide this message too .

Right now I'm instructing my users to install the Stylish extension: http://superuser.com/a/759753

The class name to hide is ".sd-alerts-container".

However, my security team doesn't like us recommending browser extensions.

Would like an option for this as well. We have an internal service desk, and and external service desk. I do not want external customers to see my internal IT Help Desk project. I removed the option for Service Desk customers to see my portal, but now I get this error everywhere I go.

I create a really basic JIRA plugin for our instance and only add a css resource to hide this message for all users.
As a plugin i can really easy update or disable the customisation.

I didn't like to put css into the announcement banner.

Hi there,

Can you elaborate a bit more on what you did here?  Perhaps a link to instructions on how to do the same?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

797 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you