Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling account verification mail for JIRA server v3.4

Abhitpb April 4, 2019

Hi,

I wanted to have an service desk portal that users can log issues to through mail. I do not intend on users having a login credential to JIRA platform, rather I want  the Ticket number to be their reference.

They can create the account nonetheless but I wouldn't want the access to be mandatory. When a user mails me, they receive an email requesting them to verify their account on JIRA. I want to bypass this step. I saw this option available for JIRA cloud. But for JIRA Server, version 3.4, I couldn't find any resources on the same. Please help me out on this.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2019

@Abhitpb

JIRA Service Desk Customer account activation email cannot be disabled in JIRA Service Desk Server versions below 3.10.x

Please see the below Atlassian document for more information and alternative solutions suggested by Atlassian: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-disable-account-creation-notification

or 

Upgrade your JIRA Service Desk to version 3.10.x or above to have the feature of disabling account activation/verification emails for customers. Please see this Releasne Notes page for Jira Service Desk 3.10.x :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedesk/jira-service-desk-3-10-x-release-notes-941610925.html#JIRAServiceDesk3.10.xreleasenotes-ver

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2019

@Abhitpb Did my answer helped answering your query?

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2019

@Abhitpb Did my answer helped resolving your issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events