It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Disable ticket created from Jira mail

Hello,

We active the function which allow to create the ticket by email. However, we saw that there are the tickets which were created from plateforme email like info@atlassian.com or so. Obviously, there completely pollute the dashboard.

Any of you confront with this kind of issue ? How to eliminate it ?

Thanks in advance.image.png

1 answer

Hi @CAO Ngoc Tan ,

As they are being created this would either mean that these users also exist or that they are being created on the fly.

This can normally be configured in your Incoming email settings.

If you go to [yourhost]/secure/admin/IncomingMailServers.jspa, you should see a mail handler set up.

Could you verify if the parameters contain a Create users = True or False?

image.pngI would suggest setting that to "false" and it will only allow known customers to send an issue through email.

Hi Dirk,

We use jira to collect the question outside the company as well so we could not limite the create to those registered as client.

Our setting actual is below

image.png

Hmm strange.

It seems you have "create users" set to false but yet the reporters are not people that were in your system already (info@e.atlassian.com) and others. So I guess they are just created as customers. 

That is something you can verify in your customer permissions under your Project:

image.pngSo i'm afraid there you have a bit of a catch22. 

You need to have it open to all to allow customers from outside to create but you don't want just anyone to create. (and you don't want to manually add customers)

right now there is no way to whitelist domains (there is only an allowlist but that just makes sure certain domains come through but doesn't block the others)

Sadly the only options you have is to either

• add the customers manually and block that anyone can send
  • learn to live with the garbage that comes in...
  • try a workarround as described here

the workarround is pretty much saying, after creation check how it's coming from and delete the issue trough an automation or to simply hide them through the queues.

so right now it's either make it more restricted or learn to live with it i'm afraid..

edit: i found an issue which seems to be referenced a lot as a feature request for this.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-868 

Actually, we do communicate the adress with a "limited public" so it's not a matter with a personne physical.

I just want to avoid a message type ads/news from atlassian which result in generating ticket.

But anyway thanks Dirk.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to At...

1,713 views 10 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you