Disable notification on Status change

Simon G_ September 18, 2014

Hi,

Here is my notification scheme

Capture.JPG

So my notification are sent to my reporter and to my support team only on Creation, comment, and reopened.

However, when my support team comment a ticket, my customer receive two emails, one with comment of my support team, and a second with header "Status changed to Waiting for customer". Why is it this second notification?

Thanks!

8 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Joel Cumberland September 19, 2014

I believe the service desk notification is overwriting the standard notification schemes, you can disable the service desk notifications in Admin > Addons > JIRA Service Desk > Configuration > and turn off notifications, after doing so the standard notifications should take over.

I'm not sure if this will help, as it might completely stop sending emails to your customers, I would recommend installing the JETI plugin and create template emails for your customer when a certain event happens e.g. Issue Updated etc

Joel

Simon G_ September 21, 2014

It works perfectly when disabling Addon notifications. Thanks!

Michael Perlstein August 11, 2015

Thank you!!!

2 votes
Timo Pitkäranta July 1, 2015

Molly,

Dunno if you have enought rights, but you can do this only by workaround. 

1. Go To Service Desk settings
  2. Choose "Request Types"
  3. Choose "Edit fields"
  4. Choose "Workflow statues" tab
  5. On "Status name to show customer", rename "Waiting for customer" and "Waiting for support" to "Open". This way there is no status change to customer, and no notification
  6. Repeat steps 1-5 to each Service Desk and each Request Type 

To get it fixed with real Notification Schema, vote for feature: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-914

1 vote

I have disable all notification on my project, and tested different workflow (even the simpliest just with Step open), but my customer always get an email notifiying:

• A new Comment
  • A new state "waiting for Customer"

Am I missing something?

1 vote
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2014

Hi Takar,

that's how the basic Service desk workflow works : each time your support team posts a comment it's interpreted as a question or answer towards the customer and this will send out an email.

I think this is being done using post functions in the workflow of your service desk project.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

You are right, when I look in my workflow when I look transition 'Respond to Customer" I have a post fonction "Fire a Generic Event event that can be processed by the listeners. ". Bu I can't disable this post fonction, does it means that there is no way to stop this notification unless if I delete (or disable) this workflow?

best regards.

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2014

Hi Takar, It's not the Generic Event fired that will cause the mail it's most likely one of the properties of either the Waiting for Support Status or the Respond to Customer step. Jira Service Desk uses a number of listeners to automatically transit issue to another status. If you don't want this happening you'll need to change the workflow or create your own. You might want to test this in a Test Environment first. Best regards, Peter

0 votes
Stephen Bell June 5, 2019

Hi Sorry if this is not appropriate, however I was looking into disabling customer notifications for status changes but not all notifications, and found that individual notifications can be disabled.

Go to project admin (the cog)

Notifications - the notification you want to disable - at the bottom right untick enable - click save

thank you

0 votes
Jason Tocci January 20, 2017

Old question, but this was driving me nuts and I fixed it, so I figured I'd share how. (Note that in our case, the issue was sending unnecessary notifications internally, not to customers – an extra email notifying us of every status change whenever somebody replied to a comment. We already get notified of the comment, so we don't really need another entire email about the automatic status change.)

We use JIRA for both service desk and bug tracking. I didn't want to mess with the notification scheme for bug tracking, so first I had to make a copy to use just for service desk:

1. Go to Administration > Issues
  2. Click Notification Schemes
  3. Click Copy next to the Default Scheme
  4. Rename the copy something nice, like "Service Desk Notification Scheme"

Then I had to set which notifications would be sent.

1. Go to Project Settings for your JIRA Service Desk project
  2. Click Notifications
  3. Click the button for Actions > Edit Notifications
  4. Delete all notifications under "Generic Event"

Since resolving an issue has its own notification setting, you will still get a notification when things are resolved, but not for every single automatic status change. 

0 votes
molly park June 23, 2015

Hi, Please see my issue and vote if its the same issue. Thanks https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-2009

0 votes
molly park June 22, 2015

Hi I would also like to take off the notification for status change.  Since the customer is receiving the comment by email they feel it's excessive to receive 2 email messages, one with the comment and one with jsut the status change.  Is there any way to disable this or request an feature that allows it?  I do not have directaccess to creating email templates.  I admin the interface but did not do the setup/install of workflow or templates.  

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events