Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable login

whnnmb December 6, 2017

Hi,

When we reply at a ticket/support case in JIRA service desk, the customer will receive an email with our reply and a link to the ticket/support case.

They have to login at the link/page to view the content of the ticket/support case. A lot of our customers don't like to login and most of them forget their passwords. How can we disable the need to login and just show the content immediately?

Kind Regards,

Peter

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2017

If a user does not log in, Jira cannot know who they are, and hence what to allow them access to.

If you don't care that everyone will have access to everything, you can start using the "anyone" group in permissions, which will allow "anonymous access", which means people don't have to log in to see anything.

whnnmb December 20, 2017

Thank you for your answer! In that case I will think we will have to move to another software system or enforce our users to login.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2017

You'll have the same structural problem in other systems.  If a user doesn't identify themselves, there's no way a system can know what to hide or show them.

Sharath May 3, 2019

Hello Nic,

I have JIRA software and JSD running on same server and i have

implemented SSO using seraph library and configuration. SSO is working fine with Jira software but will not work with JSD.

Since SSO can not be implemented on JSD i am trying your suggestion of using anyone group (browse, create, edit )permissions as a workaround for my customers to access portal by-passing login screen. 

System is still asking users to login even though anyone group is added to permissions scheme associated with JSD project.

Edit Issues, Resolve Issues, Add Comments, Edit Own Comments, Delete Own Comments, Create Attachments, and Delete Own Attachments, browse project.

what am i doing wrong ?

0 votes
Joe Harmon May 2, 2019

I found this article on it but it looks like it is only available via the cloud version.  Which sucks because I am running the server version.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2017/04/introducing-the-login-free-portal-for-jira-service-desk-cloud

0 votes
whnnmb December 20, 2017

When will I receive an answer? I don't think waiting 14 days is something you can expect when you pay for support.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2017

We're not support, we're a community of end users like yourself.

Like Stephanie likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2017

@whnnmb, to be clear this forum is a community of users such as yourself. If you want Atlassian’s direct support you need to open a support ticket.

with that said, if I understand your question, what you are asking is not possible.

whnnmb December 20, 2017

Thank you for your answer! Unfortunately everytime I try to open a support ticket I get redirected to this community.

Thank you for the information!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2017

Ah you are on the 10 license starter option which limits you to the community forum. Regardless, my answer still stands. Maybe someone else can provide you better answer. 

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2017

Hello,

You should setup Single sign on in your Jira Instance.

You can read more here.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/single-sign-on-integration-with-the-atlassian-stack-794495126.html

whnnmb December 6, 2017

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, but I don't want clients to login at all to view their ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events