cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable comment for customer when the issue is closed

Timon Engelmann September 24, 2020

Hello JIRA community,

I have got JIRA v8.10.0 and JSD 4.10.0.

How do I disable the customer comment function in a issue when a issue is closed?

I have tried all property and values that I could find in the internet and documentations for the workflow "closed" but the comment area in the customer portal is still there.

I can not find any solution or other tickts to my JIRA and JSD version.

Would be very nice if someone knows the exact solution.

Kind regards

4 answers

2 votes
Albert Manuel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2021

@Timon Engelmanndid you solved this somehow? I'm having the same problem

Timon Engelmann October 6, 2021

Yes. Just add at the status "closed" in your task workflow the property "jira.permission.comment.user - false". Dont forget to release the new modified workflow after add the property to the status "closed", cause this was my initial problem: I did not release the new workflow and the property was not correctly saved and used :D

Like # people like this
Ramon Alomba July 5, 2023

Ação aplicada e funcionou conforme o esperado. 

Obrigado por compartilhar o conhecimento!

0 votes
Najjar _Innovura_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 26, 2020

Hi @Timon Engelmann 

I am not sure if this could help, but one feature on Tinker for JSD could support you in disabling comments facility on customer portal when certain statuses is reached

It would look like this for users

https://innovura.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/TFJ/pages/235012098/Request+Screen#Disable-Comment-for-Customer-by-statuses

Here's a link to the app listing on marketplace

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222917/tinker-for-jsd?hosting=server&tab=overview

0 votes
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 24, 2020

I understand the frustration of customers reopening old tickets with often unrelated new queries but this needs to be balanced between putting up barriers to customers contacting you.

We have an automation that re-opens support desk tickets on customer comments. We do 2 things if a customer re-opens tickets incorrectly:

• When we close tickets we may add text like "Please do not reply to this notification as it will re-open this ticket. If you have an new request please email support@ourcompany.com."
  • We respond on the reopened ticket "Thank you for your email. This is a new query so I have created a ticket on your behalf (SUPPORT-xxxx) and closed this ticket. Please do not reply to this notification as it will re-open this ticket."

Hi Kat Warner _TechTime_,

thank you for your reply.

I understand it, that its better to avaoid a barrier between customers. I have also configurated a automation, it puts issues that are older than 3 days from "solved" to "closed". So customers got 3 days or maybe in the future more time to make a last reply. After that, we want the ticket to be closed and the comment function in the JSD portal to be disabled.

So this is not working??

Timon

0 votes
czsup September 24, 2020

Hi,

did you try permission property see https://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status?

But maybe you are talking about comment on JSD portal right?

ms

Hi czsup,

yes I am talking about the JSD Portal. 

The sent URL does not work for me, I have tried it many variations multiple times.

Anyway thank you very much.

Timon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events