Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different field configurations for different issues within one project

David Garfinkel October 3, 2017

I would like to have different issue types within one project and have those issue types contain different field configurations. Is this possible or do I need to create two separate projects that use two different screen schemes?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2017

That's fine - it is exactly what the "field configuration scheme" is for - telling a project which field configuration to use for each issue type.

David Garfinkel October 3, 2017

I'm not sure how to do it. When I edit one set of fields within an issue in the project it changes within the other issue types. See screenshot.

I want some fields to be different within the issue types within the project, so, not shared. That's where I'm getting confused. Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 5.30.10 PM.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2017

That;s not field configuration, that's screens.

What you should do for screens, is create two.  One for DAM, one for Photo.

Then create two "screen schemes".  One should use the DAM screen, and the other the Photo screen

Third, create a single "issue type screen scheme".  In there, you can say "For DAM, use the DAM screen scheme, and for Photo, use the Photo screen scheme"

David Garfinkel October 6, 2017

I believe I have it. There's just something about the way screens and schemes exist globally and within projects...something about the logic that I always (and I think still) find confusing.

Thank you for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events