Within JIRA it is possible to create a service desk in two ways:
1) Select the "Enable Service Desk" option in the project admin
2) Create a Service Desk -> New Service Desk Project
Want strikes me (JIRA Service Desk 2.4.3) is that the queues are different depending on the way of creation:
1) My open tickers, SLA at risk, SLA breached, Due soon
2) Unassigned issues, Assigned to me, Waiting on customer, Recently resolved
Does anybody know where this comes from and how to make the approaches result in the same queues?
Actually the Enable Service Desk on the project administration settings, it's usually if you have a JIRA project and wants to turn in into a Service Desk project.
Not sure if I got your second question very clearly, can we have a clarification on that ? The Unassigned issues, Assigned to me, Waiting on customer, Recently resolved are pre-made filters that you can customize according to your preferences and even delete it.
Hello Paulo, As I tried to explain is that there are two approaches for creating a service desk 1) Creating a service desk for an existing project (through "Enable Service Desk"in the project administration or via the menu option "Service Desk -> Create a Service Desk -> Enable for an existing project". 2) Creating a new project and service desk via the menu option "Service Desk -> Create a Service Desk -> New Service Desk Project". The disadvantage of the second approach is that it also creates different schemas specific for this new project. This way you can't re-user existing schemas. Our approach is to first create a new JIRA project and re-use existing schemas (workflow, permissions for example). And then enable a Service Desk for this new created project. What we recently discovered (this was not the case in previous version of JIRA Service Desk) is that when you create a Service Desk project from scratch (approach 2) you get a different set (list 2 from my original question) of queues than when you enable a service desk for an existing project (list 1 from my original question). This difference is a surprise and it seems to be a bug. We talked with customers about the default queues (mentioned in the second list) and talked about a good approach for creating new service desk with the ability to re-use existing schemas. This approach now fails because of the new behaviour of enabling a service desk for an existing project. This now create a different set of queues (list 1). I hope this clarifies my original question.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot