Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailed features of JIRA Service desk available or Not ?

Binod Kharel December 17, 2014

Hi Lindsay,

You answered my previous questions on some of the features of JIRA Help Desk. Now, I have a detailed list of questions. IF you could answer these questions, (may be provide links/explanations where possible) I would be much obliged. 

Response yes/no (provide links/explanations where possible)

User Experience

1. Easy way for requester to look at the status of their items requested (web portal)  - ?
  2. Response email  - ?
  3. Dynamic updating progressing bar  - ?

Submitting Requests

1. Email notification when assigned  ?
  2. Auto assign responsible party base on domain ?
  3. Portal workflow request  ?
  4. Template based requests  ?
  5. Ability to extract and create issues from requesting source (email portal etc ?
  6. File attachments for requests ?
  7. Automation Choose from a list of similar requests template ?
  8. Create request more easily (fills in some things for you)
  9. Date time and category (by domain)
  10. Timeline for urgent requests
  11. On call assignment for requests
  12. Specific requester contact to track down
  13. Customer Review Portal
  14. Imbed SLA criteria ?

Workflow Management

1. Search function (ability to search in title, summary etc.) ?
  2. See, at a glance, what stage the requests are in (Graphical view of workflow)  ?
  3. Ability to have Peer review step in workflow ?
  4. Simple workflow (just the steps we want, advance with one click) ?
  5. Email notification of state of change (assignments to you)
  6. Invalid request handling ?
  7. Frequent reminder for urgent requests ?
  8. Ability to take things out of workflow on (in hold status – with time reminder) ?
  9. Different workflows for different types of requests or
  10. Ability to link like request
  11. Limit button choices based on presets ?

Reporting and Analytics

1. List of outstanding items easy to see ?
  2. Past request reports ?
  3. Reports by domain, employee

Integration with other systems

1. Email with Outlook and calendar   ????
  2. API  ?
  3. Error log integration ?

Ease of Use

1. DEPENDABILITY Doesn’t break often  ?
  2. Easy way to look at my items to work on ?
  3. Intuitive interface  ?

Miscellaneous

1. Ability to access remotely ?
  2. Ability to schedule on call person for routing ?

These questions should help us decide if we may purchase JIRA for our company or not.

1 answer

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2014

This is the sort of detailed request that you really should be investigating for yourself.  The information is publically available in Atlassian's standard documentation

Here, we are a community of end-users of Atlassian software, not a sales team, or analysts dealing with product requirement analysis.  A lot of us have focussed knowledge of certain subjects and many of us simply can't answer the full swathe of questions - also, as the information is public and you have specific needs where we can't even begin to answer them, we probably don't have the ability, let alone time, to answer them all in one go.  Also, many of these questions are quite simply unanswerable without context.  (e.g. "Does it have dynamic updating bar" - can't tell you unless you explain where you want this bar, what you actually mean by "dynamic updating bar" and what you expect it to do)

However, having read your list, the answer is at least 90% "Yes, it does that".  Of the rest, they're either unanswerable due to lack of detail or context, or the answer is "you might need a bit of coding or an addon".  I can't see any flat "no you cannot do this" in the list at all. 

If you really don't want to do this detailed analysis for yourself, and don't want to rely on my simple "yes" alone, I'd say you might want to spend some time with an Atlassian Expert or Partner to analyse your requirements properly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events