Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete JIRA Service Desk Roles

Markus Vogel June 30, 2015

Hi

We (want to) use JIRA Service Desk under 1.x pricing/license. At the moment, we only want to use the SLA's for two out of 60 JIRA projects. I therefore do not want to confuse all my JIRA Projectadministrators with the new roles "Service Desk Customers" and "Service Desk Team". I will also not use the JIRA Service Desk Permission Scheme. So here is my question: If I delete the roles "Service Desk Customers" and "Service Desk Team" does this only affect JIRA Service Desk Permission scheme? An if later on I would like to use JIRA Service Desk Permission Scheme, would I only have to define the roles "Service Desk Customers" and "Service Desk Team" anew?

Thanks in advance

Markus

2 answers

0 votes
Markus Vogel July 2, 2015

Hello Tim

Thanks for your quick answer. My Problem is, that I have approximately 50 - 100 JIRA-Projectadmins.
And I don't want to bother them with roles not necessary at the moment. What is more, in case we would switch in future time to Version 2.x of JIRA Service Desk, there are new/other roles again...

Regards

Markus

0 votes
Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2015

Hello Markus,

if you don't want to use the customer portal than you can ignore these roles.
But i would not delete it, i mean there where hard coded for some functionalities. (e.g. the new permission "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access")

When i create a new or migrate an existing project to service desk, i use the new roles.
I've added some notes about the migration in: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-334

Regards,
Tim 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events