Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Customers not displayed in People

Richard Bell July 2, 2019

Large list of customers show in 'Project: Customers' including internal Jira Software accounts and self serve help centre users

When navigating to 'Project Settings: People' only a short list of accounts are listed, all roles selected

No external customer is listed in people to be removed (surplus, test, spam, typo)

Other internal accounts not listed

Hover on the 'Customer' to view activity or more does not work

Screenshot 2019-07-02 at 14.42.16.pngScreenshot 2019-07-02 at 14.42.41.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2019

Hi Richard,

Customers that appear only on Customers' page are the ones that are originally from other project and it also means that the project you need to remove them is open to "Anyone with an account on xxxxxxx.atlassian.net".

So, let's say that you have 3 Service Desk projects with 100 customers each, two are closed to "Customers my team adds to the project" and the other one is open to anyone, automatically, the 200 customers from the other two projects will be copied to the third one.

The customers that are not appearing on the People's page are probably people from other projects, so to remove them you must close the project on Project settings > Customer permissions > Who can access the portal and send requests to Service Desk? > Customers my team adds to the project.

Regards,
Angélica

Richard Bell July 4, 2019

Hi Angelica,

Thanks for explaining.

I only have one Service Desk Project, so I'm confused how the separation has come about. One of the customers I know specifically I set up in that project, but it had a typo so I made another one due to not being able to delete the first.

I changed the setting to "Customers my team adds to the project" so now the customers is what I would expect - a much shorter list.

My concern is now with that setting changed, are customers that have not been set up not able to use the help centre or email in new requests? It's quite admin heavy to set up everyone in advance, or am I misunderstanding that setting?

Thanks

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2019

As you have only one service desk, probably all other uses were Jira Software users. When the project is open to anyone with an account, it means that internal users will also appear as customers in the project.

With this setting, only customers added manually by admins or agents in the project will be able to create tickets through the portal or email. If someone that is not added to the project sends an email to your service desk, it will show an error on the logs (Jira settings > Products > Email requests > View log > Processing log) and the ticket won't be created. 

Richard Bell July 4, 2019

Thanks Angelica, Im afraid I'm still a bit lost!

Since changing to 'customers my team add' from 'anyone can send';

Under people, I cannot remove any customer I have set up, only the 3 agents show up

Under customers, all the other internal accounts no longer show up (great), but customers I set up that I want to delete do not (not in an organisation, people who have signed up through the portal)

I can remove customers from the organisation, but not delete them.

I believe I have global admin privileges, and there is only one service desk project

These are now my current settings.

I would need it so clients can sign up themselves to the help centre, then I can add them to organisations as needed

It seems that the below settings conflict with each other?

'Can Customers create their own accounts: yes by signing up'

'Can customers send without logging in: No'

'who can access the portal: customers my team adds to the project'

Thanks, and apologies for not grasping it!

Screenshot 2019-07-04 at 16.54.29.pngScreenshot 2019-07-04 at 16.54.41.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
July 5, 2019

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, do you want to delete the customer from the project (remove their permission in the project) or delete their account from the instance?
If you want to delete their accounts from the instance you must go to Administration > Jira Service Desk and delete the account.

About the settings, yes, it will have conflict, because they are allowed to create their accounts, but if they log in in the portal it will show "You don't have access to any portals" and they won't be able to create a ticket or if they send an email no ticket will be created and in the logs it will show a failure informing that "Signup is not currently available".

If you want customers to create their accounts to create a ticket you will have to open the project to anyone, but also all internal users will have access.

Richard Bell July 8, 2019

Hi Angelica, 

It was to delete the customer so it no longer appeared on the list, ie set up in error or no longer needed. The confusion was why they didn't show up in 'People'

I'll leave the settings as they are for now, and onboard new organisations slowly

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events