Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deferred SLA timings

Chris Webber June 6, 2018

Hi team,

I'm trying to align the SLA tracking in Service Desk with one of our customer SLA's. The clock doesn't start ticking on most issues until the following business day, so is there a way that we can set the SLA in Service Desk to only start counting the next day? We need the delayed fuse to correctly track our performance.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2018

Consider using automation and a new status, say “start SLA”. Check if automation allows you to transition all new issues to the “start SLA” status each morning at whatever time meets your needs. If automation allows this then you simply start the SLA when an issue transitions into the “Start SLA” status. 

0 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2018

Hey Chris, welcome!

When you say the clock doesn't start ticking until the next business day, do you mean that these requests are submitted after your business hours? 

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2018

Off the cuff, without further information, I'd ask if you have considered creating a separate calendar of hours and SLAs for this specific customer. 

Chris Webber June 6, 2018

Hi Meg,

For any fault we receive, the SLA clock does not start until the following day. For example, a fault received at 13:30 on 01 July with a two day resolution time would not be due for resolution until the end of our business hours on 03 July, not 13:30. This is so that we have two full, continuous days to complete the ticket.

We will be using a separate calendar and SLA tracker, but I just need to know whether this can be done at all.

Thanks in advance!

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2018

What I'd propose is that you create an 'intake' status of some kind, and assign a 24 hr (8 business hour) target on that SLA. 

You can use the standard JIRA automation to transition to an 'active' status once that SLA has breached. That transition would kick off your "actual" SLA. 

Sound like something that might work for you?

2018-06-07_8-04-55.png

Chris Webber June 11, 2018

Hi Meg,

I'll give that a try! Thanks very much!

Cheers

Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events