Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard sometimes displays as bulleted list instead of rendered HTML

Cormac Smith September 27, 2017

We've been using Service Desk for several months now. I am the only person on our team working late nights, USA ET. 3 or 4 times since switching over, I have tried to pull up any dashboard and I get a bulleted list of links instead of banners and buttons formatted into a page correctly. Each time it has gone back to normal after 10 to 30 minutes, I believe. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and what I can do to prevent it, or fix it faster when it happens? Thanks!

JIRA_dashboard_list.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2017

Hi Cormac,

• Does this happen in all browsers?
  • Does this happen on another network?
  • Are you running behind a firewall and if you disable it do you get the same results?
  • If you are running AntiVirus and disable it do you get the same results?

Normally when I see this behavior it's network related.  The first thing I would do is reproduce the issue and collect a HAR file to see what the traffic is like between the browser and JIRA.

Next, if you are using a proxy I would bypass the proxy and see if you get the same behavior.

Finally, if you have a load balancer I would look at that as well as it appears the css is not being rendered.  Depending on where things get directed and terminated this can have an affect on how your page loads.

Cheers,

Branden

Cormac Smith September 28, 2017

Thanks, Branden!

The issue is not reproducible at will, unfortunately, but you've given us some places to start when it happens. I particularly like the CSS being split off by the load balancer as an explanation. It seems to be worse when the load balancer is busiest. I've seen it in Chrome and once in either IE11 or MS Edge. I tried to test it in FF the last time it happened, but it fixed itself before I could get it downloaded and setup.

Definitely appreciate the tips!

Thanks!

Cormac

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events